Why Choose LED?
As our world becomes much more concerned about the cost and sustainability of energy in general, energy efficient LED lighting has become a major point of focus. The following summary represents the top five benefits that clients can expect from energy efficient lighting.
- Energy efficient LED lighting uses less electricity. This is probably the first benefit that comes to everyone’s mind when they consider upgrading to energy efficient lighting. Rising fuel costs have had an effect on the cost of power in general, and reducing expenditures even by a marginal amount helps buffer any organization against the concern of unknown future. Now is the time to take stock of all indoor and outdoor luminaries and make a qualitative assessment of their long term value. If more energy efficient lights can be substituted in their place, then savings on power bills will pay for the fixtures in a few short years.
- Energy efficient LED lighting minimizes replacement costs. Light fixtures eventually wear out because of thermal stress on the components. The less electricity a fixture uses, the less heat it will generate during use. This works to prolong the life of the light source resulting in reduced replacement costs. When our clients realize they need to upgrade to energy efficient lights, they often fear the budgetary hit the expenditure may cause. We help remind them that this is not something they will need to do again for a considerable amount of time. The money saved on continual maintenance and/or replacement is yet another revenue stream that enhances ROI on the equipment investment.
- Energy efficient LED light fixtures are more environmentally friendly. It has been estimated that buildings with inefficient lighting systems contribute 40% of the world’s greenhouse gases. A great deal of this pollution is the result of outdated incandescent and fluorescent technologies that have already been banned in many states like California. Replacing these outdated luminaries with energy efficient equivalents significantly contributes to the reduction of CO2 emissions. Imagine the positive impact that a nationwide retrofit/relamp would have on the global environment. Companies now are reaping the many benefits that a more sustainable and environmentally friendly public image brings to their branding and marketing efforts.
- Energy efficient LED lighting is essential to LEED certification. Companies are continuing to take LEED certification very seriously. Power conservation is a top priority for new building construction, and is much easier to accomplish when designing the building with LEED certification in mind. Energy efficient lights provide points for a LEED certificate and will also greatly improve the organization’s operating budget as well as to help pay for further remodeling down the line.
- Energy efficient LED lighting is compliant with lighting regulatory codes. Lighting regulations vary throughout the United States. In some parts of our country, energy efficient lighting is required under regulatory codes as part of a more comprehensive community push toward sustainability. In states like California, legislation has now stepped up to make power conservation and environmental sustainability a top priority.